Wednesday 28 August 2013

Daily learning

First of all, my heart overflows with gratitude for all the love and support from near and far in the last 24 hours alone. I have found so much strength and comfort in the words that I have read.

This week has been such a roller coaster. And it's not the end of the week yet!

My daughters Ashlyn (5) & Caitlyn (3) have so many questions...

Where is Dad?

When can we see him again?

Is he with Jesus Christ?

I am glad they are asking questions and I am able to talk to them about it. I taught through Family Home Evening; The Plan of Salvation. It has cleared up a lot for my girls. Now Caitlyn is asking: "When are we going to die so that we can see Dad again?"

How grateful I am to have that knowledge of Heavenly Fathers Plan for us! I have learnt that "Within the general plan of salvation for all mankind, there are individual plans of salvation for all men and women."( Brad Wilcox, The Continuous Conversion 39)

I recall at the end of 2010 my husband was admitted to hospital with chest pains and as he was lying in the hospital bed I couldn't help but notice what seemed to be a loud voice in my head saying, "What have you got in place to look after your children if anything happened to Daniel?", "Do you have Life Insurance?", "Do you have a Will?" And as I look back, that was when Heavenly father started warning me to get all of these things in order. I have had so many strong promptings to write a Will for both my Husband and I since that experience. But being consumed with everyday life and also telling myself, we're so YOUNG! Why do I need to do a Will now...It just doesn't make any sense? ...I never got around to writing one.
Well it all made too much sense yesterday, and hit me like a ton of bricks when I went to sort out some of our finances and everyone is asking, "Did Daniel have a Will?"
The Lord knows us individually and knows our needs... With every trial since 2010 I felt as if Heavenly Father has been pleading to me "Please Terilyn, Write a Will!" "Make sure you've got your Life Insurance sorted!" He did his best to warn me; but in the end whether I made something of those promptings or not, Heavenly Father had to continue on with his plan.
We may never know why promptings come and when we will need what we are prompted to do. But the Lord certainly does!

One of my husbands best friends posted a quote from Richard G. Scott on Facebook recently "Just when all seems to be going right, challenges often come in multiple doses applied simultaneously. When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more. He therefore gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding, and compassion which polish you for your everlasting benefit."
This statement is all so real to me. It feels like it's just been a snowball effect of trials the last few years. Through each trial we have faced, my husband and I would sit down and discuss: Have we done anything wrong? Why has this happened to us?, What does Heavenly Father want us to learn from this? And I'm glad we did.
At the time of those trials I felt they were just too big and too hard to get through...Little did I know that through those trials Heavenly Father was preparing me for the biggest and hardest challenge of all; and that it would be one I would have to face without my companion here to discuss and go through. As tough as it is missing my husband and wishing he was here to council with me. I am glad we did that in the past and I know what to do now because of it.

I am grateful for my knowledge of Gods plan. I am grateful to know that I am a daughter of God who knows and loves me for me! I know that God cares for me and knows me and my children's needs.


With love,

Terilyn x






10 comments:

  1. im just gonna go head and read all your entries. so touching and motivating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terilyn, I am so glad that you have so much strength. It may not seem like it at times, but you have a lot of strength and I see that it comes from your faith. We may have never met, but through your husband you have a large family from the NZWM that mourn with you and are ready and willing to help you in any way we can. My family prays for you and I hope to keep following your story for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers are coming from across the globe. Praying you feel your sweet husband close by. The gospel is REAL. Watching my dear friend lose her husband one year ago,with 5 small children left to raise, I've watched how temples and temple work have become so very helpful for her in feeling close to him.

    Dallin H. Oaks said that he never felt that he didn't have a father in his home. His mother made is father real to him and a part of his like every single day. He was raised by a single mother.

    I feel so much love for you and just want you to hold on. Clarity and peace will come as you take one minute at a time and just breathe.

    Erin
    www.someoneinmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you & hope to meet you and the kids one day! I'm one of Danny's first cousins here in Utah and I admire your strength! I don't know what else to say other than there are many,many people over here in Itah thinking about you and praying do you. D&C 24:8 got me through rough times and also helped me gain a firm knowledge that my Father in heaven IS real, KNOWS me & my family and LOVES me. Much love & peace T.

    Xoxo
    Latanya Pikula
    :$

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know who you are, :) Dani spoke of you guys often and thought highly of your family. Especially your Mum and her strength raising you all on her own.
      I hope to meet you all very soon and introduce the kids to you guys.

      Loads of love. xox

      Delete
  5. And you look so beautiful in the pic below! Hope I look that good pregnant :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing your testimony and inspiration with complete strangers and for letting us grow with you. What a beautiful daughter of God you are. You and your family are in my prayers as you continue to grow from these life experiences. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had to read this again and Im just soo amazed at your strength and understanding and especially how well you are able to put it into eloquent words..Love the beginning and I know this is only going to be better and better..You are a beautiful daughter of Our Heavenly Father and Im just happy to know that you have grown so much spiritually and your husband did prepare you well...so inspiring!! Love you Teri and the babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an amazing woman with incredible strength, thank you for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete